* * * * *
Leglislative – Speaker Pro-Tempore Leslie Waters displaying Legislative items from her service in the Florida House of Representatives 1998-2006.
Leslie Waters Government Relations is available to provide first-hand knowledge to elected local government officials, legislators, staff and citizens.
Leslie Waters served 8 years in The Florida House of Representatives, leaving office due to term-limits, at the highest level of legislative leadership. She held several Chairmanships, including the House Insurance Committee where she managed such issues as Workers Compensation and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Reform, and state issues related to four major hurricanes that hit Florida in 2004; and the House Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Committee, where she had the responsibility of overseeing an $8 billion budget.
- The role of an elected official
- How to evolve into an effective elected official
- How to be successful in chairing a committee
- Hints on speaking before a government committee
- Effective advocating of your legislators
- How to be effective in front of a legislative committee
- What to expect of your public officials
- Your role…representative democracy
- Civility and Ethics in Government
First Baseball Pitch by Leslie Waters at the Tropicana 7-28-2005